- This event has passed.
Sowing Seeds: A European Perspective – Brandon
February 23, 2016 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm| Donation at the Door
NFU brings European Farmers to Manitoba
February 22-24, 2016
Tour Title: Sowing Seeds: A European Perspective
Description: European farmers tour Canada to share experiences on farm policies, seed laws, trade, and advocacy.
Event Link: nfu-mb.ca/events/eu-tour/
The National Farmers Union (NFU) in Manitoba will be bringing two farm leaders from across the pond in Europe to share their experiences with Manitoban farmers, stakeholders and the public.
Speakers will address topics such as:
- What is it like to farm in Europe?
- What are potential effects of trade agreements on farming?
- How have farmers reacted to the effects of seed laws like UPOV’91?
- What is plant breeding like in France and Germany?
- How has farm advocacy shaped policy in Europe?
- What are pitfalls Canadians should avoid when it comes to farm policies?
Manitoba farmers recognize the importance of getting a well rounded education when it comes to understanding what’s happening across the globe. In recognizing how policies effect farmers bottom line, the NFU has worked hard to bring the globe to them with this once in a decade opportunity happenning at three speaking engagements which will be held on Feb. 22, 23 and 24 in Winnipeg and Brandon.
Why get information second hand when you can hear about European experiences directly.