- This event has passed.
NFU-MB – Annual 2017 Convention – Portage la Prairie
March 30, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 9:00 pm| $25
We invite you to attend the Region 5 Annual Convention which will be held Thursday, March 30, 2017 at Canad Inns, 2401 Saskatchewan Ave, Portage la Prairie, Manitoba with the theme: Why your Choice of Farm Voice Matters. The official Convention will commence at 10:00 A.M. and run into the evening this year. The registration fee is: $35 for non-members & $25 for members. Youth under 26 can attend for free. Lunch from buffet at Aaltos is included. A block of rooms has been reserved for the night of for $105 if you wish to stay over. Let us know that you can make it. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NFU – Region 5 Convention Details
Registration 9:30 am
Start Time 10:00 am
Lunch 12:30am (Included)
Afternoon Session 1:30am
Meeting Adjournment 5:30pm
Socializing at Tavern United 6:00pm
Film Screening & Discussion – TBA 7:00pm
(A more in-depth schedule is in the works)
- Why your Choice of Farm Voice Matters – Presentation by NFU-Manitoba Members.Changing Relationships between Wetlands & Farmland – Dr. Gordon Goldsborough, U of M
- Keeping new farmers farming – What new farmers need to be successful – NFU Youth
- How to help all farmers reduce their GHG impact. Research Update. – Darrin Qualman (via Skype)
- Reports from NFU – Region 5 Representatives
- Where can the NFU help farm families the most? – a discussion on key items the NFU has worked on in recent years and where it should focus it’s energy in the future. – President Jan Slomp, with Q & A.
– Two National Board members for Region 5; a Women’s Advisory Committee member; a Youth Advisory member; an International Program Committee representative.
– Nomination for the NFU Grassroots Member Award – Recognition of significant contribution to building the NFU.
– Opening for members to be a part of the NFU-Manitoba Outreach Team..
Please bring your written resolution(s) about the issues for debate. Resolutions on current policy issues may be presented to this Convention and, if they are passed, they will be forwarded to National Convention to be held in Ottawa, ON from November 23-25, 2017.
We look forward to seeing you on March 30th!